Please help me test the YOURLS-PV Patch in MultiSite mode. The YOURLS-PV (Pretty Valuable) Patch is a simple, tiny patch to the magnificent YOURLS project. Although only a small patch, it is a possible solution to some known YOURLS … Read More
What YOURLS-PV Is
YOURLS-PV Is a tiny patch to the excellent YOURLS program. Just a small adjustments to the normal YOURLS code. These greatly expand the YOURLS features to allow:
- MultiSite use of one instance of YOURLS.
- Portability of files (Give YOURLS Its Own Directory – we recommend /yourls/ ).
- Allow /admin/ to be renamed easily (portability issue).
- Compatibility with WordPress (and other CMS) without complex setup, or restricting the basic coding of either program.
- Fixes the YOURLS_SITE trailing slash errors.
YOURLS-PV Is NOT!
YOURLS-PV is Not a major rewrite of the YOURLS code-base. In fact, using standard YOURLS configuration (single site) YOURLS-PV is functionally the same as YOURLS. YOURLS-PV only presents data in a slightly different way, to allow MultiSite, portability, and compatibility options:
YOURLS-PV is Not a lot of code hacks that dirty up the code. We did this with just five defined constants in five of the 550+ YOURLS files. One we reduced a bit, one we expanded a bit, three we added. The rest of the changes were just plugging in these constants into the code at the right places. This patch is just tiny “adjustments”.
Our Main Goal
Our main goal is to make one instance of YOURLS behave exactly like 5, 10 or 1,000 YOURLS installs, without substantial changes to the excellent YOURLS code.
Our Minor Goals
Our minor goals were to:
- Give YOURLS its own directory. It’s very hard to do real MultiSite without this.
- Be 100% backward compatible as a drop in Version for future upgrade to YOURLS.
- Change the YOURLS program as little as possible.
- Easily rename the /admin directory.
- Allow YOURLS Simple and Easy Configuration.
- Allow YOURLS to cohabit the root directory with WordPress, without reducing the common functionality of either one.
For More Information
Read our YOURLS Code Adjustments Page
Look at Our GitHub Page.
Latest from the Blog
Welcome to the easy .htaccess guide for YOURLS-PV. In YOURLS-PV, running on an Apache Server, the configuration settings are found in three or four places. httpd.conf or apache2.conf – you won’t usually have access to these on shared hosting. The … Read More
Create and Load the YOURLS Directory Make a directory under the document root called /yourls/. Load the files from the YOURLS-PV package in the /yourls/ directory. You may rename this /yourls/ directory to anything you like. However, you must also … Read More
YOURLS is a fantastic URL shortener. However, I have a wish list of things I wish YOURLS would do, like YOURLS MultiSite and giving YOURLS its own directory, like WordPress does. Speaking of WP, integration with a CMS like WordPress … Read More
Basic Configuration The Basic Configuration for YOURLS-PV is identical to YOURLS. See the GitHub Page. Advanced YOURLS-PV Configuration I will be adding easy to follow configuration Guides for each of the Advanced YOURLS-PV Configurations. The rest of this page … Read More
This page talks about the 17 tiny adjustments to YOURLS that make up the little YOURLS-PV Patch. See the GitHub Page. (Branch PV) Five Different Defined Constants We did this with just five defined constants. One we reduced a … Read More